Y-Kids Child Care Teacher & Teacher's Aides - Fremont
Be a Year-Round Child Care Teacher!
The YMCA of the East Bay Area is hiring a full and part-time childcare Teachers, Teachers Aids and On-call Teachers for the before and after school programs in Fremont. We are looking for a positive, energetic Teachers/Teacher’s Aides who enjoy working as part of a team. Our before and after school programs are a major part of the Y’s programming, with hundreds of children under our care at seven sites in Fremont. Our mission—to help every child realize his or her potential—means we value the contributions of our staff and invest in their development. Join our family. We’re doing great things together.
Who We Are:
For more than 100 years, the YMCA of the East Bay has improved lives through exercise, community building and opportunities for youth. And we’re only getting better with age. Our health and fitness centers; preschools; sports training, childcare and teen leadership programs serve thousands of adults and children every day. We bring people closer together by providing a positive environment to learn, grow and thrive. Make a difference and join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Teachers work closely with the Site Director to ensure the proper supervision of children and are responsible for planning and implementing recreational activities, homework assistance and snack, and enrichment opportunities that support children's learning and promote self-esteem in small group settings.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 12 college units in ECE, Recreation, Developmental Psychology or other related field (for teacher level work)
- At least one year work experience in a position at a licensed childcare center
- Available from 7am -12pm, 8am-1 and 1-6pm Monday - Friday
- First Aid and CPR certifications (YMCA offers this training)
- Dept. of Justice fingerprint clearance
- Health Screening, TB test, proof of immunizations
- Teacher’s Aide position do not require units, but it is preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
Outstanding training and development
Complimentary membership to YMCA of the East Bay Fitness Center
Full and Part-time
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org