Substitute School Age Teacher
The Early Impact Branch of the YMCA of the East Bay is seeking dynamic Substitute School Age Teachers in the Richmond San Pablo Area.
The Y is a powerful association of people of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y encourages good health and fosters connections with new friends through fun and shared activities. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties to ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Working flexible schedules Substitute Teachers are responsible for providing and modeling high quality responsive care that is respectful of the child’s development and needs. Substitutes work in partnership with Head Teachers to ensure that all children receive the highest quality of care and that all requirements and standards are met. They may also take roles in the kitchen doing food preparation to meet the nutritional needs of the children.
- Basic computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet required
- Some experience working with children and families of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Pre-employment physical examination and TB clearance
- Current certificates for Pediatric First Aid and CPR, including a total of 16 hours of preventative health and safety training, or ability to complete this training within 90 working days of hire
- Proof of Immunization for Measles, Pertussis, Flu
- Live Scan and criminal record clearance
- Bilingual or multi-lingual desired, proficiency in written and spoken English
- Competitive compensation based on education and experience
- Free college level early childhood education classes, books and tutoring for part-time and full-time employees
- Retirement benefits including a generous 10% employer contribution after two years of service for full and part-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Membership to all YMCA Fitness Centers
If you have a passion for working with children and are interested in helping us make an impact, please submit your resume and cover letter to both Kisha Hayes and Shamaica Walker at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay: $16.84 per hour