Personal Trainers - Pleasant Hill YMCA
We are looking for Personal Trainers at the Pleasant Hill YMCA who are energetic, outgoing team players to provide expert fitness instruction and personal attention to members in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment. These individuals are tasked to promote member wellness and engagement to a diverse population of members and staff.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Help clients set and meet specific goals to improve their fitness by designing and implementing customized personal training programs based on the specific needs of the client.
- Demonstrate proper, safe and effective exercise technique, as well as provide feedback, corrections and modifications to accommodate differing fitness levels and injuries/medical conditions.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients and respond to inquiries. Market the personal training program as required to members and meet program goals.
- Maintain working knowledge of fitness trends and equipment to provide effective information and support to members.
- Maintain all relevant certifications, including first aid related and professional exercise certifications.
- Actively participate in workshops, trainings and staff meetings as directed by the supervisor.
- Follow all YMCA policies and procedures, such as emergency respondent protocol.
- Supports the COVID-19 safety protocols to ensure the safety of staff, members and participants.
Included in the job:
- Ability to teach and design programs using free weights, variable resistance, flexibility exercise and cardiovascular equipment
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Mature, responsible and possess excellent people skills
- Knowledge and understanding of strength training principles, and overall fitness and cardio conditioning principles
- On-the-job training and free access to personal training, group exercise, and other fitness certifications and continuing education credits.
This job is for you if you have:
- Current Personal Training certification(s) from a relevant nationally recognized personal training organization, such as ACSM, NASM, ACE and/or YMCA equivalent
- One year of fitness related experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications, such as Red Cross and American Heart Association
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job
- At least 18 years of age
- Personal Trainers should work a minimum, but not limited to, one fitness coaching shift per week or until garnering minimum number of clients.
You might also have:
- Bilingual skills, strongly encouraged
- Knowledge of the Y, as a member
Available to work:
- 5-15 hrs week; more hours may be available
- Availability to train clients during YMCA operating hours including weekday early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Part-time, $21 - $28/hr DOE
- Sick Leave
- Access to training discounts and free certifications
- YMCA Flex Spending Plan
Application Process: Please submit your resume to Julien Marquez, Health & Fitness Director, at email@example.com