Life Guard - Pleasant Hill YMCA
The YMCA of the East Bay, one of the largest YMCA’s in the country, located in the San Francisco Bay Area and headquartered in Oakland, California is looking for lifeguards for the Irvin Deutscher Family YMCA in Pleasant Hill, CA. The Irvin Deutscher Family YMCA has a 5 lane outdoor pool which is open year round, along with an indoor fitness branch, youth programs, and child care facilities.
Lifeguards are responsible for providing members and guests with a safe, clean aquatic environment and quality aquatics programs. The lifeguard is fully responsible for keep safety the top priority and directly reports to the Aquatics Director.
- Prevent incidents by maintaining active surveillance of the pool area at all times using American Red Cross standards such as constant scanning, shifting surveillance positions and uninterrupted focus.
- Know and review all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and standards. Complete related reports promptly and accurately.
- Maintain effective, positive relationships with members, participants and other staff.
- Know, understand, and consistently apply safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic areas, such as maintaining appropriate lifeguard to swimmer ratios.
- Wear appropriate attire that demonstrates lifeguarding role and equip self for all safety and rescue functions.
- Check rescue equipment and pool for hazardous conditions, and promptly report problems.
- Perform chemical testing, when not guarding, as required following safety standards and take appropriate action, including accurate record maintenance.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Support special events, assist in other areas, and perform other duties as required.
CPR/First Aid/AED and have current Lifeguarding Certifications
Part-time and full-time positions available: Starting at $15/hr based on experience and qualifications.
Please submit your resume to Ben Pantner: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.