Licensed School Age Teacher or Teacher's Aide - Albany & El Sobrante
These general functions will be carried out in keeping with the Goals, Policies and Mission of the YMCA of the East Bay. Provides direction for the program and classroom and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, diversity & inclusion, excellence and resilience. Continuously acts as a role model to all children.
- Under direction, plan & implement curriculum within established guidelines and prepare necessary supplies & equipment for relevant program activities.
- Work cooperatively with all staff to ensure the quality of the program.
- Teachers will provide direction to Assistant Teachers as needed.
- Help to achieve YMCA Child Care program goals by promoting individual growth and exploration, recognizing each child’s needs while providing opportunities to enrich their development.
- Care for the health and well-being of children while they are in the program. Give first aid treatment when necessary and report any incidents or injuries promptly to parent, director and branch as necessary.
- Provide appropriate and consistent discipline methods that reinforce positive behaviors in an age appropriate manner.
- Report and document notable behavior and situations to the appropriate supervisor, according to policies and procedures.
- Initiate, strengthen and maintain good communication—both verbal and non-verbal—with all school personnel, families, children, parents and other community agencies. Positively explain and interpret program standards and policies. Provide ongoing and continuous feedback to parents regarding their child’s development, including parent conferences and assessments.
- Maintain required program records.
- Attend and actively participate in regular program activities, department trainings, staff meetings and special events as scheduled.
- Keep the center clean and presentable at all times.
- Ensure Licensing standards/regulations are met at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities
- Must occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Frequent bending & standing
- Visual ability to clearly monitor activities in both indoor and outdoor settings
- Mobility to quickly respond to emergencies
- Communication and Influence
- Emotional Maturity
- High School Diploma or equivalent, AA or Bachelors degree preferred
- Teacher applicants should meet educational and experience qualifications established by CA state law and Community Care Licensing including 12 ECE units
- Teacher Aide positions requires some experience with youth
- 1 year of previous experience working in a professional child care or school aged program
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- At least 18 years of age
- Pre-employment health screening and TB clearance
- Current certificates for Pediatric First Aid and CPR, including a total of 15 hours of preventative health and safety training or completion of this training within 90 days of hire
- Live Scan fingerprint and criminal record clearance
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please submit your current resume and a cover letter that outlines your qualifications, education background, experience, and why you would be a good fit for this position. Application materials can be sent to Alicia Butler, Executive Director of Youth Development, at email@example.com.
The YMCA of the East Bay is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our organizations policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The organization also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
To keep our staff, children and families safe we have County health department requirements in place. PPE supplies are provided and new COVID-19 policies and procedures are in place.