The YMCA of the East Bay, headquartered in Berkeley and Richmond, California has an exciting opportunity for a Grants Manager to join the growing and dynamic Development Team located in the Berkeley offices. Be a part of change and create impactful experiences for youth and families!
Here at the Y people really matter. The YMCA of the East Bay is made up of diverse people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. We celebrate connection and our mission serves ALL.
As a Y team member, you have the opportunity to build a career that’s right for you. Our goal is to develop team members and to promote within whenever possible. Ambitions are realized here.
The Grants Manager reports to the Chief Development Officer, and is responsible for managing the day to day grants administration. The Grants Manager plans and implements the grant program in the Development Department from its application to approval and utilization. Performs grant research, grant writing, builds relationships with Foundations and Corporations, follows compliance and grant reporting.
- Manage and support grants requirements and implementation for the organization
- Assemble grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, reports, and presentations
- Establish and maintain current information, contact and relationships with foundation representatives and program officers
- Maintain grant calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports (other reporting and management documents as required)
- Track and enter contact reports in Blackbaud on grant submission
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results
- Grant writing and budget submission
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record
- Oversee to ensure the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization
- Keep relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process
- Provide detailed reports to the funders, the CDO, and the CEO with respect to the organization's progress
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities
Familiarity with local, regional and/or national foundation and/or wider philanthropic community; experience with grant writing preferred.
- Bachelor's degree
- Any certifications from recognized institutes with specialized courses in grants management
- Strong writing skills; ability to compose, edit and proof correspondence, reports, proposals, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines and prioritize effectively
- Strong project management experience, including an ability to independently lead collaborative efforts that require the support and contributions of diverse staff with varying responsibilities
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with and diplomatically respond to current and potential funders, staff, community contacts, etc.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform job duties
Our work environment is built around collaboration and partnership, teamwork, community, diversity and inclusion. Our Total Rewards Package for full-time team members includes:
- Salary pay range between $73,000-$85,000
- 10% fully funded retirement contribution after two years of YMCA employment
- Paid Time Off
- Generous health insurance benefit with no cost and low-cost premiums
- Free life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Free family YMCA membership
- Employee Assistance Program