Y-Kids Child Care Site Directors - Fremont
The YMCA of the East Bay is seeking three experienced, motivated, team-oriented Child Care Site Directors to provide leadership and direct supervision in our Child Care Centers located in the Fremont School District. The Child Care Site Director is responsible for the development, administration and success of our before and after school child care center for Kinder-5th graders located on the Fremont elementary school grounds.
The Site Director has ownership over promoting the program; administrating on-site staff training, supervision and performance evaluation; creating and overseeing the implementation of quality academic enrichment curriculum and activities as they relate to the philosophy of the YMCA; maintaining ratio; guiding behavior and providing classroom management; building relationships and communicating with parents; and managing the budget in adherence with Branch and Association goals.
SOME ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Operations: manage and direct day-to-day operations of the center
- Staff Development: train, supervise, motivate and evaluate staff to assure effective and efficient performance; participate in workshops and conferences that will enhance professional growth
- Program Management: administer curriculum while working to improve quality and consistency of care
- Relationship Building: develop and maintain cooperative and supportive relationships with parents, school staff, volunteers and youth
- Compliance: maintain licensing and accreditation standards
- Facility Management: ensure the safety and cleanliness of the center
- Must meet the minimum qualifications set by Community Care Licensing to be a site director (Hold and AA with 24 ECE units, hold a BA or higher with 12 ECE units, hold a teaching credential with 12 ECE units, have a Site Supervisor Permit)
- Must have proven experience in child care management and group management strategies
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of Community Care Licensing requirements
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org