Workforce Development Specialist
The Workforce Development Specialist, reports to the Workforce Development Success Manager, and is responsible for coordinating and facilitating needs for the Early Educator/Head Start Apprentice program, including supporting early childhood apprentice Teachers in their college classes and teaching assignments. In addition, this position is responsible for coordinating responsive program services such as on the job training and child care for participants. The position is full time, exempt. When school is in session, the job requires weekday evening and Saturday work. The schedule is flexible during out of school breaks
- Coordinate apprenticeship program enrollment and participant progress, including reporting accountability to internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate apprentice on-boarding, mentors and field placements for apprentices
- Coordinate responsive support services such as child care, tutoring and technology needs to ensure apprentice success
- Participate in all workforce and other Early Childhood Impact initiative projects
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to: data entry, monitoring, maintaining confidential records
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major in one of the following disciplines: Education, Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience with workforce initiative projects and experience in an Administrative/HR capacity required.
- Bilingual preferred in Spanish and English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Criminal record clearance, and health requirements including TB and immunizations.
- Computer/tech proficiency in cloud based software, Microsoft, and Adobe
- Competitive pay
- Excellent health and dental benefits
- Vacation, holiday and sick leave
- Outstanding training and development
- Retirement plan with 10% matching from the organization
- Membership to all YMCA’s
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com