Early Childhood Impact Teacher
We are seeking a Teacher for our Early Childhood Impact Branch in Winters and Woodland Ca.
YMCA Early Childhood Impact has a long tradition of delivering comprehensive and high quality programs and services that foster healthy development and nurture the potential of every child. Serving low-income children and their families in Alameda, Contra Costa, Sacramento and Yolo Counties, this comprehensive child development program provides health, nutrition, educational, social, and emotional services. YMCA Early Childhood Impact programs promote school success and family involvement and reflect the cultural diversity of our participants.
All Teachers are responsible for providing and modeling high quality responsive care that is respectful of the child’s development and needs. Teachers have different levels of responsibilities depending on their qualifications and experience. Head Teachers ensure that the classroom runs smoothly and they may step in to help run the center when the Center Director is off-site.
Teachers and Teacher Assistants work in partnership with Head Teachers to ensure that all children receive the highest quality of care and that all requirements and standards are met. Teacher Assistants may also take roles in the kitchen doing food preparation to meet the nutritional needs of the children.
- 6 or more Early Childhood Education Units, Infant/Toddler desired
- California Department of Education Child Development Permit-Associate and above
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, AA and above
- Basic computer literacy-Microsoft Office, email, internet
- At least one year experience as a classroom teacher in Early Childhood Programs. Prefer experience in state subsidized or Early/Head Start setting
- Some experience working with children and families of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Pre-employment physical examination and TB clearance
- Current certificates for Pediatric First Aid and CPR, including a total of 15 hours of preventative health and safety training, or completion of this training within 90 work days of hire
- Proof of Immunization for Measles, Pertussis, Flu
- LiveScan and criminal record clearance
- Bilingual or multi-lingual desired, proficiency in written and spoken English
Compensation: Based on education and experience.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits - medical and dental plans for full time employees
- Retirement benefits – 10% employer contribution after completion of eligibility requirements
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Use of Bay Are Fitness facilities
- Vacation, floating holiday and sick time accrual
Applications submitted without the follow will not be considered:
- YMCA Application
- Copy of degrees
- Copy of Permits
- Transcripts for college coursework (official or unofficial)
Please submit the following to Ristyn Woolley at firstname.lastname@example.org