Case Manager - Young Men's Empowerment Collaborative
The YMCA of the East Bay is a cause-driven nonprofit that joins people together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of every child, improve our communities’ health and well-being, and give back and provide support to our neighbors.
We are seeking a Case Manager to be part of the Young Men’s Empowerment Collaborative in our Richmond California Area Schools.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Maintain a case load of young male students referred for YMEC services
- Facilitate evidence-based trauma informed groups as needed, based on consultation with the Community Schools Coordinator and School Administrators.
- Provide crisis intervention services
- Respond to student referrals in a timely manner, and notify referral source of the disposition of the referral while maintaining client confidentiality.
- Assess student needs and make appropriate referrals to health-related resources and information.
- Provide workshops to caregivers and school personnel on trauma-related topics.
- Coordinate closely with the Community Schools Director and other health providers on campus
- Maintain effective communication with school administrators and other school personnel, informing them about activities and services and eliciting their input into program development.
- Conduct assessments and provide follow-up education and referrals to students who have been identified as “highest needs”.
- Communicate with parents in order to inform them about services, provide linkage and referrals to resources in the community, and obtain consent for treatment of minors.
- Engage parents and families as part of the healing process for young men referred to YMEC services.
- Meet with parents and guardians face-to-face whenever possible to gather information and to elicit their support for client goals.
- Maintain client case files.
- Attend disposition meetings and other school, YMCA and district meetings as required.
- Provide teacher consultation to increase the understanding of violence and trauma and their effects on survivors, and offer solutions to better support students.
- Develop additional resources for the student health and enrichment center by linking with other programs and institutions in the community.
- Develop positive relationships with Administration, teachers and staff at school site as well as WCCUSD and other partner agency staff.
- Work with administration to maintain a tracking system of referral and case management
- Support site administration maintain equity leads and culture/climate support on campus.
- Program evaluation, including data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Actively participate in individual and group supervision
- Bachelors in Education, Social Work or related field preferred
- Proven track record of working effectively within schools with a multi-ethnic and economically diverse urban community
- Understanding of trauma-informed practices
- Must have previous experience providing individual and group counseling to adolescents at a school setting, and must demonstrate a strong understanding of the social, developmental and mental health issues of adolescents and their families
- Strong skills in group facilitation
- Experience and commitment to collaborating with parents, teachers and school staff
- Experience with school-based integrated services and/or collaborative services
- A high degree of cultural awareness and competency in cross-cultural practice with children and families
- Experience working with low-income communities
- Knowledge and appreciation of the challenges faced by educators
- Ability to be flexible in working with people and organizations with different viewpoints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain goals and priorities in dealing with varying challenges
- Comply with the legal standards for mandated reporting
- Actively participates in YMCA events and activities and adhere to the YMCA Core Values
- Program evaluation experience and data management
What we offer:
- Full-time, exempt salaried position
- Position continues after a year dependent on funding
- Excellent benefits package, including employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, Y retirement plan (100% paid after 2 years of service), employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts
- Generous paid time off with vacation, sick and holiday leave
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume in a word document to Theresa Dade-Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is 7/19/19.