Child Watch Staff
These general functions will be carried out in keeping with the Goals, Policies and Mission of the YMCA of the East Bay. Provide a safe and fun experience for the children in the child watch program and implements program activities as directed.
- Supervise the children and lead age appropriate activities while following all association procedures and safety standards.
- Cultivate positive relationships maintain effective communication with parents.
- Ensure all participants are properly signed in and signed out.
- Maintain child watch area and equipment and provide light cleaning.
- Maintain required program records.
- Attend and participate in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position including the ability to lift 30 pounds
- Communication and Influence
- High school degree or GED
- Previous experience with children preferred
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of
- hire date.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- At least 16 years of age
Please send your resume and YMCA Application (download on Careers home page) to Membership Director Richelle Buchholz firstname.lastname@example.org