Join our team at the Oakland YMCA as a swim instructor! Swim instructors are responsible for providing direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes as well as promoting safety, self-confidence, a healthy lifestyle and member involvement.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer (within 30 days of hire)
- Standard First Aid (within 30 days of hire)
- Demonstrated ability to swim in shallow and deep water, and tread water (Minnow or ARC Level 4 Swimming Level)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Patience and ability to communicate with members of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Professional demeanor - punctuality and shift consistency
- Ability to model and teach the YMCA's four core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Free Y membership included
- $15.50/hr - Swim Instructor starting rate
For more information, please contact the Aquatics Director, Evan Clark, at (510) 318-7630.