Member Services Assistant
These general functions will be carried out in keeping with the Goals, Policies and Mission of the YMCA of the East Bay. Provides exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment. Enthusiastically and effectively promotes YMCA membership to prospective members. In the absence of any other ranking Director or Coordinator, will be responsible for the overall supervision of the YMCA building and grounds.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Establish a Mission Sales culture through example/modeling by conducting mission driven tours, selling memberships and have minimum of 60% tour conversion rate.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of non-exempt member services staff.
- Update Mission Sales tracking tools based on tour cards on a weekly basis and provide conversion rates report to Membership Director on an on-going basis.
- Maintain the administrative functions of a number of key membership tasks, including, but not limited to, Financial Aid processes, membership downgrades, age-up procedures, locker rentals, etc.
- Provide front desk coverage when needed which includes all duties related to member service (answering phones, program registration, providing information to members, etc.)
- Attends monthly membership staff meetings.
- Ensure the safe conduct of all staff, members and participants and professionally engages with same when observing undesirable behaviors. Proactively utilizes high standards of communication to resolve conflict and address problems to ensure overall member satisfaction. Communicates with appropriate Directors for any needed follow up.
- Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to assist members, conduct tours and ensure the safety of the facility
- Must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for 2 hours and to conduct full facility tours with regularity
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents
- Mobility to quickly respond to emergencies and trouble shoot maintenance issues
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces; twisting of the waist, shoulders, & legs; and lying on stomach and/or back
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Communication and Influence
- Developing Self and Others
- Functional Expertise
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred
- One year of customer service/sales experience required
- One year of related experience in a supervisory role preferred
- High level verbal and written skills which embody professionalism, diplomacy and clarity
- Child Abuse Prevention training completed by hire date
- Obtain CPR, First Aid, AED certifications with 30 days of hire
- Obtain Certified Pool/Spa Operator certification as required by Supervisor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform duties
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
- segments of the community
Please send your resume, cover letter, and application (download on main Careers page) to Kaylan LiCausi at firstname.lastname@example.org