Join our team at the Oakland YMCA as lifeguard or swim instructor! ARC or YMCA certification is required for the lifeguard position.
Lifeguards are responsible for maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck and surrounding areas, creating a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement and responding to emergencies as required.
Minimum Qualifications for Lifeguards:
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguarding certification
- Excellent customer service skills
- Patience and ability to communicate with members of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Professional demeanor - punctuality and shift consistency
- Ability to model and teach the YMCA's four core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Free Y membership included
- $15/hr - Lifeguard
- $16/hr - Opening Lifeguard
For more information, please contact the Aquatics Director, Evan Clark, at (510) 318-7630.