Licensed School Age Site Director - Rodeo
The YMCA of the East Bay is seeking an experienced, motivated, team-oriented Child Care Site Director to provide leadership and direct supervision at the Rodeo Hills Elementary School. The Child Care Site Director is responsible for the development, administration and success of a before and after school child care center for Kinder-6th graders located at a Fremont elementary school. The Site Director has ownership over promoting the program; administrating on-site staff training, supervision and performance evaluation; creating and overseeing the implementation of quality academic enrichment curriculum and activities as they relate to the philosophy of the YMCA; maintaining ratio; guiding behavior and providing classroom management; building relationships and communicating with parents; and managing the budget in adherence with Branch and Association goals.
SOME ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Follow COVID-19 Health & Safety guidelines set by the CDC, County and YMCA of the East Bay which include mask wearing, daily health checks, updated cleaning protocols along with handwashing. Manage and direct day-to-day operations of the center
- Staff Development: train, supervise, motivate and evaluate staff to assure effective and efficient performance; participate in workshops and conferences that will enhance professional growth
- Program Management: administer curriculum while working to improve quality and consistency of care
- Relationship Building: develop and maintain cooperative and supportive relationships with parents, school staff, volunteers and youth
- Compliance: maintain licensing and accreditation standards
- Facility Management: ensure the safety and cleanliness of the center
- Must meet the minimum qualifications set by Community Care Licensing to be a site director (Hold an AA with 24 ECE units, hold a BA or higher with 12 ECE units, hold a teaching credential with 12 ECE units, have a Site Supervisor Permit or Childrens Center Permit)
- Must have proven experience in child care management and or group management strategies
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of Community Care Licensing requirements
- This is a summary of the job duties; a full job description will be provided upon request.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: From $21.00 per hour
All staff and children are required to wear a mask, additional cleaning and safety guidelines in place.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Alicia Butler, Executive Director of Youth Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org