Licensed School Age Program Coordinator
These general functions will be carried out in keeping with the Goals, Mission and Policies of the YMCA of the East Bay. Provide customer service, clerical and administrative support on behalf of the branch administration, to promote the services and mission of the Licensed School Age Program.
- Provide exemplary customer service to staff, program participants and community partners that models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- As required, provide front desk reception duties to include answering phones, greeting and assisting visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks as required and process administrative tasks in a timely and accurate manner that supports the smooth operations of the department.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of the newsletter and other publications.
- Perform data entry and assist with the implementation and maintenance of the database. Maintain the Daxko Operations System for Account billing.
- Assist with the supervision and development of the Licensed School Age Programs, ensure site-based deliverables are completed and provide program quality support for all programs.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- In coordination with the facilities team maintain the cleanliness and order of the common spaces and kitchen.
- Copy materials for staff and parent’s, collect documents/information from staff and parents and direct to appropriate person.
- Maintain storeroom and supplies, order new supplies as required and track invoices.
- Assist with human resources and payroll tracking and paperwork and may assist with certification tracking.
- Maintain files in a neat and orderly fashion in keeping with departmental procedures.
- Set up department trainings, staff meetings and special events as scheduled. When required, take accurate minutes for dissemination and documentation.
- Collaborate internally with other leaders/departments to effectively share resources and best practices and work together as a unified team.
- Support special events, fund raising, assist in other areas, and perform other duties as required.
MEASURE OF EFFECTIVENESS:
This position has a primary impact on the operations of the Licensed School Age YMCA program. The incumbent has an impact on staff and parent satisfaction. The effectiveness of the fulfillment of this position should be measured by:
- The knowledge of all programs, schedules, office and administrative procedures;
- The sound administration of systems and records that are organized and up-to-date and accurate;
- A positive point of contact for parents and staff with accurate, timely responses.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Functional Expertise
- Communication and Influence
- AA Degree, Bachelor Degree preferred
- 2 to 3 years of experience in office and/or customer service
- Excellent customer service and administrative skills
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Criminal record clearance and health requirements that include physical exam, TB and immunizations
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, databases and other computer programs and office machines necessary to perform the duties of the job
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com