We are seeking a Fitness Coach for the Fitness Center at the Hilltop Family YMCA who can help achieve the Y’s goals which are to bring families closer together, encourage good health, and foster connections through fitness, sports, enrichment activities, and shared interests.
Responsibilities for this position:
Build healthy relationships and positive experiences through exercise. Help members feel welcome and supported as they participate in all the activities and programs. Instruct members on the use of equipment through orientations, assist with member's questions and concerns and provide excellent member service. In addition, instructor's responsibilities include keeping the fitness center, equipment and locker rooms clean and neat.
The most important characteristic of great fitness coaching staff is being enthusiastically proactive in helping members and staff.
Included in the job:
- You must have the ability to interact, engage and assist people with a wide variety of ages, personalities, and physical abilities
- You must be mature, responsible and possess excellent people skills
- Have knowledge and understanding of strength training principles, and overall fitness and cardio conditioning principles
- Availability to work early mornings and some evenings and weekends
This job is for you if you have:
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
- Experience in great customer service
- Good communication skills
- Excellent listening and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of anatomy and basic fitness principles
You might also have:
- Current nationally recognized Personal Training Certification (ACSM, ACE, NASM, and NSCA are all accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies)
- Knowledge of the Y through your own experience.
Please submit your resume to Luisana Nunez at email@example.com