The Early Childhood Impact Branch of the YMCA of the East Bay is seeking a dynamic ERSEA Specialist.
Here at the Y, people really matter. The YMCA of the East Bay is made up of diverse people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. We celebrate connection and our mission serves ALL.
As a Y team member, you have the opportunity to build a career that’s right for you. Our goal is to develop team members and to promote within whenever possible. Ambitions are realized here.
Our work environment is built around collaboration and partnership, teamwork, community, diversity and inclusion. Our Total Rewards Package for full-time team members includes:
- Competitive pay with annual increases if meeting or exceeding expectations
- Generous health insurance benefits with no cost and low-cost premiums
- 10% company paid retirement contribution after two years of service and 21 Years of Age
- Free Y membership for you and your family
- Paid sick time, vacation, and paid holidays
- Free life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
The ERSEA Specialist who reports to the ERSEA Manager manages ECI Enrollment, Recruitment, Selection, Eligibility and Attendance (ERSEA) functions ensuring that the agency complies with all regulations per the Head Start/Early Head Start Performance Standards, the California Department of Education Funding Terms and Conditions, General Childcare regulations and fee-based requirements. The position is full time, non-exempt.
- Provide input, recommendations and solutions to develop and strengthen the agency’s ERSEA systems, policies and procedures. Evaluate, update and monitor related systems and selection criteria, per national, state and regional statutory criteria.
- Maintain current knowledge and interpret applicable rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, state and federal laws, codes and regulations.
- In coordination with the ERSEA Manager, oversee processing applications for accuracy and timeliness and confirm eligibility for new and participating families.
- Review and audit all ERSEA paperwork for accuracy and completeness, including Early/Head Start and CDE applications and enrollment files done by staff. Provide guidance, direction and input into performance management.
- Maintain and monitor the attendance tracking system for both direct operated and partner sites and report findings. Propose strategies to correct identified problems.
- AA or BA/BS in Administration, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Social Services or a closely related field preferred.
- Two years of administrative or customer service management, preferably with low-income, diverse populations and/or state subsidized program
- Knowledge of CDE Title V regulations and Head Start performance standards.
- Experience in determining eligibility and certifying eligibility.
- Requires knowledge and experience in data collection and information processes and systems along with knowledge of childcare regulations and procedure compliance
- Advanced computer literacy including: database management, spreadsheet, word processing, standard business software, and social media platforms
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Experience in training and training development for small and large groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid California Driver's License/proof of auto insurance/annual DMV check required
- Criminal record clearance and health requirements that include TB and immunizations
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) desired.
We strive to build a staff team that reflects the broad diversity of our community. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
If you are passionate about making an impact as an ERSEA Specialist, send your cover letter and resume to our ERSEA Manager, Meuy Saephan at email@example.com