Director of Expanded Learning Programs
These general functions will be carried out in keeping with the Goals, Mission and Policies of the YMCA of the East Bay. Responsible for directing the expanded learning program that currently has 10 ASES/21st Century ELP sites, summer programs, and meeting or exceeding all educational outcomes.
- Design and deliver high-quality programming that achieves the educational, administrative and service delivery goals and are culturally relevant with a focus on academic achievement and healthy living.
- Ensure all grant and program requirements are met and documentation and records maintained according to the state of California’s Department of Education (CDE) and the West Contra Costa Unified school district (WCCUSD).
- Monitor achievement of project outcome goals and objectives.
- Supervise direct reports including hiring, coaching, performance management and evaluation, certifications, training and ensure all staff have professional development plans.
- Arrange and facilitate regular meetings with staff and provide for mandated trainings and updates to policies and procedures.
- Ensure and monitor program compliance including staff educational requirements with federal/state requirements; understand, interpret and implement federal, state and agency rules and regulations.
- Arrange for services in all functional areas, utilizing internal and external resources as deemed appropriate.
- Collaborate internally with other leaders/departments to effectively share resources and best practices and work together as a unified team.
- Collaborate and coordinate with local agencies, community service organizations and educational providers and partners, as needed.
- Design and deliver training and formal presentations; provide information on the Expanded Learning to the community, as needed and participate in and assist with program and community events.
- Ensure effective management of resources including budget management and approval of expenditures.
- Stay current on developments in learning/education, inclusion, coaching and mental health by attending conferences, workshops/seminars, meetings.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Assist with Annual Campaign fundraising and strategic planning
MEASURE OF EFFECTIVENESS
This position has a primary impact on the operations of the YMCA of the East Bay West Contra Costa program promotion, registration and achievement of educational goals. Therefore, the effectiveness of the fulfillment of this position should be measured by:
- Knowledge of all California Department of Education Child Development program regulations and procedures.
- Sound administration of systems and records that is organized, up-to-date, and accurate.
- A positive point of contact for staff, children, parents, and school with accurate, timely responses.
- Become the ‘preferred partner’ for the West Contra Costa Unified School District.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations
- Must be able to work on a computer for an extended period of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to travel locally for meetings, training and special events
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Program/Project Management
- Critical Thinking and Decision-Making
- Communication and Influence
- Developing Self and Others
- Fiscal Management
- Engaging Community
- Emotional Maturity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services or a closely related; Master’s degree preferred
- Five years progressively responsible professional experience which demonstrates supervisory and administrative responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a highly matrixed, team environment to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations
- Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others
- Ability to establish, maintain and expand collaborations with community organizations
- Valid California Driver's License/proof of auto insurance/annual DMV check required
- Criminal record clearance and health requirements including health screening, TB and immunizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the duties of the job
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com