Early Childhood Associate Teacher
The Early Impact Branch of the YMCA of the East Bay is seeking dynamic Teachers for our Richmond, Rodeo, Oakland, Hayward, Berkeley and San Pablo Child Development Centers.
The Y is a powerful association of people of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y encourages good health and fosters connections with new friends through fun and shared activities. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties to ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Teachers are responsible for providing and modeling high quality responsive care that is respectful of the child’s development and needs. Teachers have different levels of responsibilities depending on their qualifications and experience.
Head Teachers ensure that the classroom runs smoothly and may step in to help run the center when the Center Director is off-site. Teachers and Teacher Assistants work in partnership with Head Teachers to ensure that all children receive the highest quality of care and that all requirements and standards are met. Teacher Assistants may also take roles in the kitchen doing food preparation to meet the nutritional needs of the children. Substitute Teacher Assistants work a flexible schedule in a similar capacity.
- 6 or more Early Childhood Education Units, Infant/Toddler units desired
- California Department of Education Child Development Permit-Associate and above
- AA Degree and above in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Basic computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet
- At least one-year classroom experience in an Early Childhood Program
- Preferred experience in state subsidized or Early/Head Start setting
- Some experience working with children and families of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Pre-employment physical examination and TB clearance
- Current certificates for Pediatric First Aid and CPR, including a total of 16 hours of preventative health and safety training, or ability to complete this training within 90 working days of hire
- Proof of Immunization for Measles, Pertussis, Flu
- Live Scan and criminal record clearance
- Bilingual or multi-lingual desired, proficiency in written and spoken English
- Competitive compensation based on education and experience
- Free college level early childhood education classes, books and tutoring for part-time and full-time employees
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical and dental plans for full time employees
- Retirement benefits including a generous 10% employer contribution after two years of service
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Membership to all YMCA Fitness Centers
- Vacation, floating holiday and sick time accrual
How to Apply:
If you have a passion for working with children and are interested in helping us make an impact in Alameda or Contra Costa County, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that includes the area you are interested in working in, number of early childhood units completed and
- Official or unofficial transcripts for college coursework
- Copy of degrees
- Copy of Permits