Assistant Center Director
The Early Childhood Impact Branch of the YMCA of the East Bay is seeking a dynamic Assistant Center Director for one of our Richmond Child Development Center.
Here at the Y, people really matter. The YMCA of the East Bay is made up of diverse people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. We celebrate connection and our mission serves ALL.
As a Y team member, you have the opportunity to build a career that’s right for you. Our goal is to develop team members and to promote within whenever possible.
Our work environment is built around collaboration and partnership, teamwork, community, diversity and inclusion.
Our Total Rewards Package for full-time team members includes:
- Competitive pay with annual increases if meeting or exceeding expectations
- Generous health insurance benefit with no cost and low-cost premiums
- 10% company paid retirement contribution after two years of service and 21 Years of Age
- Free Y membership for you and your family
- Flexible hours
- 2 weeks of vacation annually; 4 weeks of vacation after 2 years of service
- Paid sick time and paid holidays annually
- Free life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
The Assistant Center Director, who reports to the Center Director, is responsible for leading the day to day administration of the child development center providing child care, infant/toddler care and or preschool services, as required. The Assistant Center Director partners with staff and families to provide the best education possible for enrolled students.
- Ensure weekly lesson plans are completed and posted for parents’ information
- Ensure the safety of all children and staff through monitoring and follow up regarding health and safety policies and procedures
- Manage staffing to maintain proper adult-child ratios in classrooms
- Ensure child assessments are conducted three times annually and home visits and family teacher conferences are conducted twice per year
- Assist Center Director in evaluating teaching staff and development of professional growth plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with ECE coursework
- Child Development Permit at the Site Supervisor level or above
- High level of analytical skills and computer/tech proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Criminal record clearance, and health requirements including TB and immunizations
We strive to build a staff team that reflects the broad diversity of our community. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
If you are passionate about making an impact as an Assistant Center Director, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org