Zumba, Dance, Kickboxing, Pilates, and Step Instructors
The Albany Y is looking for for Zumba Instructors, Bombay Jam and Dance Instructors, Kickboxing Instructors, Pilates Instructors, and Step Instructors! Learn more below, and interested applicants can email Health and Fitness Director, Dale Rowley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide highly engaging fitness instruction to members of all fitness levels in group workouts and workshops.
- Provide instruction to members on the safe use of all equipment and workouts.
- Assists in fitness program and workshop design.
- Responsible for setting up fitness orientations/coaching sessions for members.
- Engage by greeting members and providing quality member service.
- Maintain high standards of communication with supervisor, members, staff and volunteers.
- Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of all facility and equipment in the Fitness Centers.
- Responsible for recording information as needed.
- Respond to emergencies as needed.
- Attend all department staff meetings and trainings specified by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Physically perform all skills required of a Group Exercise Instructor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities
- Must occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Frequent bending & standing
- Visual ability to clearly monitor activities
- Mobility to quickly respond to emergencies
- Ability to project, communicate and queue effectively
- Functional Expertise
- Communication and Influence
- Current certification(s) from a relevant nationally recognized fitness training organization, such as ACSM, NASM, ACE and/or YMCA equivalent
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications, such as Red Cross and American Heart Association
- Ability to teach and design programs using props, weights, variable resistance, and other class-related equipment
- Completion of YMCA safety certifications must be accomplished within 60 days of hire
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse people from all social and economic segments of the community
- At least 18 years of age