Member Services Representative
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells
- memberships and completes appropriate documentation, paperwork and data entry for sales;
- handles all monetary transactions according to protocol.
- Builds exceptional relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and
- the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or
- unresolved issues.
- Applies YMCA policies and protocols dealing with member services or any emergencies.
- May hand out locker keys and towels; may monitor the locker rooms as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
- employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
- accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a
- computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and
- phone/smart device
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the
- work environment
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- 1 year of experience in serving customers, sales or related field
- Excellent relationship building and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and other computer programs necessary to perform the
- duties of the job
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
- segments of the community
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED and First Aid
Interested applicants should email their resume and the YMCA employment application (found on Careers home page) to Albany Membership Director, Rafael Rangell at firstname.lastname@example.org