After School Program Leader
We are looking for an energetic, outgoing team player to join our Expanded Learning Program Team at West Oakland Middle School. This position will actively supervise students in a structured after school program. They will plan and lead daily activities that are meaningful, culturally relevant and engaging for all students including homework help, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), physical activities and/or sports, and performing arts.
We are seeking creative talented professional people who are serious about providing meaningful after school opportunities for youth. We value punctual people who are flexible, take initiative, and able to commit to the entire school year.
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have (a) 48 semester college units, or (b) successful completion of the Instructional Aid (IA) Exam
- Experience working with youth in a similar environment preferred
- Must have general knowledge of core elementary and middle school subjects
- Must possess strong classroom and behavioral management skills
- Must pass DOJ/FBI criminal background check
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications within 30 days of hire
- Tutoring skills or single subject expertise
What we offer:
- Salary: $15-18/hr approximately 23 hrs/week
- Free YMCA gym membership to all Y facilities
- 3% annual pay increases for all eligible employees
- 10% Retirement after two years for all eligible employees
- Employee funded pre-tax health and child care spending accounts
- Accrued sick pay
We strive to build a staff team that reflects the broad diversity of our community. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Submit your application or resume to Quisqueya Rodriguez: firstname.lastname@example.org